Bristol-Myers Squibb has partnered with Tungsten Network to offer PO Convert to Web Form suppliers
What is PO Convert?
PO Convert allows portal users to easily review, accept, and then convert purchase orders into e-invoices at the click of a button.
The benefits of PO Convert for you
- No re-keying of PO information to the webform
- No data entry errors
- One-click converts a PO to an invoice
- Increased first-time match rate of PO to invoice
- Fewer exceptions & higher validation match
- Increase in on-time payment
What does this mean for me?
- Any open POs raised by BMS will be available to view within the Tungsten Network Portal with the ability to automatically convert those POs to invoices with one click.
- Any rejection of a PO before conversion, does not trigger any automatic message to BMS. You should inform BMS directly of an incorrect PO so they can rectify it.
- Please note that BMS POs will no longer be e-mailed to you, instead they will be available on the Tungsten Network and you can convert them into an invoice with just one click.
Learn how to use PO Convert
What is PO Validation?
PO Validation is a data matching process to ensure adherence to buyer rules. It is designed to improve the invoice matching process between POs and invoices. Tungsten will validate invoices against POs to ensure:
- The company on an invoice matches the company related to the PO.
- The PO number quoted is correct
- That line item numbers match the PO
- That only one PO number is quoted per invoice
PO Validations are automatically applied. If your invoice is rejected because of PO validation you will be notified with the reason and how to correct it.
FAQ’s for PO Convert
POs will start to appear on the portal approximately 48 hours of registration completion.
Upon receipt of you successful registration, BMS will work on setting up your EDI profiles in their ERP system and initiate a PO conversion/EDI submission to you. Once your account inclusive PO’s are ready for use, you will receive an email from BMS Front Office department with a welcome letter and notification that you can now start using your online account and access your purchase orders in Tungsten.
As shown in the help video and PDF guide, you can check the ‘My POs’ section of your Tungsten portal account. Additionally, if you would like to receive email notifications when a new PO is showing on your account, please contact Tungsten Support who can help set this up.
No. PO Convert is specifically designed so that key information from the PO is pre-populated on the invoice, so you don’t have to spend time keying it in! (These fields include PO number, description, quantity, unit of measure).
Yes, you can, and in certain situations you will specifically asked to. BMS is happy to accept attachments that do not exceed 5MB. If you need help, please contact Tungsten Support.
Tungsten PO Convert allows you to adjust the invoice quantities/price to match your partial delivery to BMS.
In you are invoicing for a service, please make sure to follow and use the Q exactly as provided by BMS = Quantity 1. Use Quantity 1 for all the partial billings and control the partial invoicing by adjusting the total invoiced price accordingly.
In the event of partial shipments, suppliers can use PO Convert multiple times for a single PO.
The Tungsten portal provides simple tracking of any previous invoices generated via PO Convert – this means you can be sure about remaining quantities to invoice.
Please ensure you have followed the tutorials, watched the videos and read the Frequently Asked Questions. Also, please don’t forget which entities are in scope.