Supporting you every step of the way
Using over a decade’s worth of experience, we have drawn together an extensive set of frequently asked questions (FAQ) and documents to help you every step of the way.
Tungsten Network provides electronic invoicing, analytics, and workflow solutions to companies around the globe. For more information about our products and services please visit our website.
- Secure and guaranteed invoice delivery, no more invoices getting lost in the post
- It will take less time to process your invoices
- No more delays due to missing information, landing on the wrong desk or manual intervention
- ANY-TO-ANY DATA FORMATTING Technology – there is no need for additional software or hardware
- Higher processing transparency and better cash flow management due to 24/7 access and reporting
- VAT compliant, regardless of where invoices are sent or received from
- Easy and cost efficient to send invoices – at any time
Yes, electronic invoicing via Tungsten Network will be included in the evaluation process for new suppliers and tenders. For new contracts, Scottish Water will include terms and conditions in contracts for future business which will request suppliers to use Tungsten Network.
Scottish Water is actively phasing out the processing of paper invoices to take advantage of the benefits that electronic invoicing provides to our business and our suppliers.
Yes, your use of Tungsten Network will ensure that we continue to pay you on time. Since our terms are generally based on date the invoice is received by Scottish Water (rather than the date the invoice is issued by you), using the service may result in you being paid earlier.
In addition, you will receive notification when your invoice has been received by us along with the status of your invoice.
Yes, just enter a relevant date. However, a future date is not possible.
Tungsten Network is not a payment platform. Scottish Water will continue to use their current payment method.
- As Scottish Water allows attachments, go to ‘Invoicing’ and select ‘Invoices pending attachments’
- Find your invoice by adding the invoice number to the search field or sort the ‘Invoices awaiting attachments’ table by the various column headings
- Check the allowed file types in the ‘Upload’ column
- Click ‘Select’ to add the file(s) you want to attach on your computer
- You can see your attachments in the ‘Attachment count’ column
- You need to release your invoices with attachments to alert us that they are ready to be processed, tick the boxes by the relevant invoices and click the ‘Release’ button
- You are limited to a maximum of 3 attachments per invoice and these must be in a tiff format
- If you have an invoice pending attachments then you will have 24 hours to add the attachments before the invoice is automatically sent
No, the expectation from Scottish Water is that once you receive this notification you should start submitting all invoices through Tungsten Network and no further paper invoices should be sent (rejected if still received). This is to prevent any possible duplication.
No, this is to prevent duplicate invoices. The system itself does not allow entering the same number twice.
Once you are subscribed to the network, Tungsten Network enables you to send electronic invoices to any other buyer customers that are members of the network without any additional charge. Click on Customer Connect in your supplier portal to easily locate other buyers.
Please enter only one PO in “PO field” on invoice header. Please enter other POs in the body of the invoice – each PO on each related line, e.g.:
- Line 1: first PO, description of the related delivery/service/goods
- Line 2: second PO, description of the related delivery/service/goods
- Line 3: third PO, description of the related delivery/service/goods
EDI and XML are data formats; therefore you can use this preferred format to deliver the data to Tungsten Network, if you choose to use the Integrated Solution. Scottish Water will not take any electronic data directly from suppliers as we take a single consolidated invoice file from Tungsten network which will contain invoices from all of our suppliers.
No, Tungsten Network ensures that Scottish Water receives the data you send in a format that will upload to our accounting software and, where applicable, match to a goods receipt record. Offering Scottish Water an image of the invoice or an option to download the data in a fixed format, does not satisfy Scottish Water’s business processes.
Tungsten Network remembers all invoice numbers sent by you to Scottish Water. This protects both you and Scottish Water from sending duplicates. Therefore your invoice should always have a unique number, for example, 1/2013 and 1/2014 will be accepted.
- Your PO was created within last 24 hours. The system is scheduled to copy all new POs once a day and then to transmit it to Tungsten Network during the night. There is no live relationship between SRM and Tungsten Network therefore all PO copies appear on Tungsten Network supplier profiles 24 hours later.
- There is a real mapping issue. In this case contact Tungsten Network support to get it fixed and connect your company to the right entity.
- Sent: Your invoice is waiting to be validated by Tungsten Network system
- Accepted: Your invoice passed Tungsten Network validation – invoice not yet received by Scottish Water AP Department
- Failed: Your invoice did not pass Tungsten Network validation – please check most common mistakes before raising a ticket (e.g. PO range)
- Delivered: Your invoice is ready to be transmitted to Scottish Water AP Department
- Received: Your invoice was entered to Scottish Water AP Department’s system – it will be validated for correctness and processed
- Rejected: Your invoice did not pass Scottish Water AP Department’s validation and was rejected – you will receive rejection information from Scottish Water EMAIL.
- Approved: Your invoice was posted
- Paid: Your invoice was paid
- Exception: Your invoice is under Scottish Water’s investigation – you may be contacted for correction / Credit Note
No, to get an accurate status of your submitted invoices you should view the Invoice Status updates on your Tungsten Network portal account.
When a supplier or Buyer registers to the Tungsten Network portal they have to nominate an administrator, the details of the administrator can be located by clicking on “My Account” and then by clicking on “My Profile” the details will appear at the bottom of the screen.
It is the administrator that can add new users and amend access rights.
Access to the Tungsten Network service, including the Web Form, requires three credential authorizations. In addition, each session is protected by industry standard 128 bit SSL encryption using Class 3 Server Certificates from Verisign. Once your invoice is created it is stored in the secure archive where it is protected by the latest security measures which are tested daily.
This means only authorized users can connect to the site and that once connected, all communications are private and data is completely secure.
The business between you and your customer will continue in the same language. You should continue to send invoices in the same language you normally use.
If you require support, please call +44 (0) 870 165 7430. (View our local support numbers)
Please note that these numbers are for Tungsten e-invoicing support queries only. Please continue to direct your payment queries to your existing customer contact.
Shortly, this will be the primary way that Scottish Water accepts delivery of supplier invoices.
To start using the Tungsten Network, all you need to do is register now, using the unique registration link sent to you by your customer or Tungsten Network. Once registered, all suppliers using this option automatically receive 52 free transactions. At the end of your first anniversary (one year after registration), we will replenish your account, at no charge, back to 52 free invoices for you to use during the next 12 months.
Yes, part of the registration process is that you have to accept required standard terms and conditions given. Once you do it, the expectation from Scottish Water is that you will stop submitting paper invoices (rejected if still received) and submit all invoices via Tungsten Network.
Yes, regardless of the solution you choose, you will be required to accept Tungsten Network’s terms and conditions.
No. Additional software or hardware is NOT required. You only need a connection to the internet to send e-invoices via the Tungsten Network.
The minimum operating system requirements are: Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition, Linux or Mac OS 9.2*.
Minimum browser requirements are: Version 9 of Internet Explorer and the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera.
You can send invoices directly from your billing system in any format you choose. To do this you will need to become an Integrated Solution Supplier on the Tungsten Network.
Please email [email protected] to begin registration.
Tungsten Network provides two levels of electronic invoicing capability. Each of the solutions include a free number of invoices each month.
Click here to view the enrolment options.
Scottish Water and suppliers pay a fee to use Tungsten Network as we will both benefit from the service. Moving to electronic invoicing will create savings for suppliers by streamlining your processes.
We believe that these fees equate closely to the cost of mailing and can be further absorbed by reducing your effort in chasing for invoice payment or resolving difficulties with invoices.